Thursday 13 March 2014

Falling

I was falling…falling…falling. Total darkness of a purple-black colour was exposed to me. I fell into the depths of the world or perhaps it was hell as crazy thoughts ran through my head. Where was I? Why was I here? What would happen to me? Would I be rescued from this life threatening fall? No-one knew.

I awoke with a start. Where was I? I got up. All I could see was a blinding light and a white mist. All I could hear was a voice screaming “Don’t get up!” I didn't understand at first. Why was I here? Then I remembered. I started to feel dizzy. My knees gave way. What would happen to me? I was ill and about to fall and split my head open. I noticed the bleep wasn't in my head. Would I be rescued from this life-threatening fall? But no-one came to my aid. I was falling...falling…falling. 

Blood dripped from my head. Then everything went out. My hearing, my sight.  I got trundled along to the emergency room. They tried to revive me but they couldn't. Not now, not ever.

I sensed them as they dressed me up into my best party dress. I sensed them as they lowered me into my coffin. I sensed them as they threw flowers onto me. I sensed them as they placed me into my freshly dug grave. They didn't sense me. The mourners weren't aware of the fact I was still in their world.

No comments:

Post a Comment